Story City Building Products specializes in high quality building materials. Some of our dimension lumber inventory items consist of:
- 2×4 1650 fb MSR SPF 10’–20′
- 2×6 1650 fb MSR SPF 10’–20′ (2×6-24′ #2 & better fir)
- 2×8, 2×10, 2×12 Hem Fir Select Structural 10’–20′ (24′ #2 & better fir)
- 2×4 and 2×6 – 92 5/8, 96, 104 5/8 #1 Riverside Select SPF Studs
- 2 1/2″ x 11 7/8 wood I-Joist PSI 40 Series MSR Flange 24′-48′
- 9 1/2″, 11 7/8″, 14″, 16″ LVL Lam Beams 2.0E 3100 fb West Fraiser up to 48′
Story City Building Products switched to these higher grades of lumber in the early 90’s because of the continuing problem of finding better lumber and studs.
MSR (Machine Stress Rated) SPF lumber is most commonly used in roof trusses, floor trusses, and I-joists. It is graded for strength, which means it has very little wane (bark), knots and splits.
#1 Riverside Select Premium SPF Studs are the best quality stud offered in North America.
We have also switched to Aspen plywoods (Bessemer). Aspen is a much more stable species and does not react to moisture conditions as bad as SYP. It also has higher grades of veneer than SYP and is full thickness (1/2″ vs. 15/32″).
Considering price only, and not quality on building materials and labor, can lead to extra cost during construction and excess maintenance problems in the future. Not all building materials are the same quality!